10/21/2015

Bronx

Bronx is the birthplace of HipHop. 

Even though I did not grow up with those classics, it was a delight discovery of some old songs as I decided to make my playlist for NYRR Bronx 10-Mile on September 27.

Some classics (and discovery to me):
"Still Not a Player (feat. Joe)" (Big Pun)
"I'm Not a Player" (Big Pun)
"Step Into a World (Rapture's Delight)" (KRS-One)
"MC's Act Like They Don't Know" (KRS-One)

And well, everyone knows JLo:
"On the Floor (feat. Pitbull)" (Jennifer Lopez)
"Feelin' So Good [Remix] (feat. Big Pun & Fat Joe)" (Jennifer Lopez)
"Love Don't Cost a Thing" (Jennifer Lopez)

Last but not least. The DEY is a relatively new, and I believe under-rated trio. I look forward to listening to more songs by them, but is the group still performing?
"Give You The World" (The DEY)
"I Need You" (The DEY)
"And I Miss You" (The DEY)

No comments: