12/18/2008

"Survivor" (by Destiny's Child)

We still have two weeks left, but the past one year has been a full of surprises and changes. No one can blame on those - except economists and fortune-tellers - who predicted the would-be 2008 events (The 10 Worst Predictions in 2008, Foreign Policy). They ain't Nostradamus. But, it's even surprising we're now immune to such surprises as Lehman's bankruptcy, all the baliout packages to financial and possibly to auto industries, layoffs, volatile stock and oil prices, America's new president-elect, etc.

Personally, I had some changes and a surprise this year as well. I quit my job, and passed U.S. CPA exams at last. And surprisingly, I haven't found a job yet. Given today's economic conditions, it's not surprising, but I don't regret my decision. Rather, I feel lucky not to be working at a Titanic company, and even feel excting and fun to be exposed to the stormy ocean.

We shall overcome!!

No comments: