3/29/2008

"Believe Me" (by Linkin Park): Checklist for Hanami (花見: flower-viewing)

Just like the Central Park in Manhattan, the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden is a great park with 58.3ha of beautiful botanical gardens and fine grass. 200 yen admission fee is worth paying. The only problem is the park is open for such a short time from 9:00am through 4:30pm - thank you so much for being very very bureaucratic!! As a frequent user of the park, I'd like to have a free ticket (sounds like Free Tibet?!) or longer open hours!!

Still to me, the park is a hideaway from the Metropolitan Tokyo, but it isn't today. I'm not sure whether I've been to the Park for seeing cherry blossoms or the flood of people.


Here are my checklist for hanami (花見: flower-viewing):

A cup of coffee: Tully's coffee shop is located at the entrance of Shinjuku Gate

Nice company: Don't be late!! Right, Tomi?

Lunch: I prepared Katsu (deep-fried pork cutlet) Sandwich - Katsu's special -


Also, check untrustworthy weather forecast: Seeing is believing, or believing is seeing!?
Last but not least, don't bring alcohol, or don't get drunk too much: それが大人のマナー! Promise!!

2 comments:

dizzytomi29 said...

The Katsu-Special was delicious! Especially the mustard :-P

By the way, I made 'Taen Jan Kuk' for my lady, after we got back home. (Actually, she taught me how.)

katsu-g said...

hey, welcome back to the matrix.

try cooking some american food like steak and club house sandwich.