5/21/2007

Cool Biz

CoolBiz is starting soon in Japan. This is the only Japanese government policy I've ever appreciated. The policy has freed businessmen from tying a necktie during Tokyo's mist-sauna-like summer. Hallelujah!

And some real "cool" (or freezing) biz are getting hot here in Tokyo.

A new frappuccino, Azuki Frappuccino, is coming soon at Starbucks.
I'm not a big fan of frappuccino series. My favorite is today's coffee (hot or ice). This is my conclusion from a 7-year Starbucks "worship". My stomach is not "macho" enough (because I'm a Virgo?!) to handle an espresso shot included in Caffè Latte, Caffè Mocha, Cappuccino, Caramel Macchiato and so forth. What is worse, I have lactose intolerance! Plus, I can't drink Soy Latte either. Seems like I have some allergy to it. Albeit such limitations, I still love Starbucks. According to my wife, I don't love Starbucks but myself at Starbucks. Whatever.

Anyways, I only wonder... if the new frappucino is better than Korea's 팥빙수, shaved ice with sweet condensed milk syrup, azuki beans, jelly, rice cake and fruits. Maybe not. That's my bet. If I have to choose Starbucks' frappuccino, Cold Stone's ice cream or 팥빙수, I definitely pick the last. Cold Stone people I met in the States were so nice, though. When I first (and last) visited the store, an employee gave me every single tea spoon scoop for tasting almost all the ice cream. So, I had enough even before ordering. One of sweetest treats I've ever had.

By the way, when is Starbucks America's Orange Crème Frappuccino and Orange Mocha coming to Japan? I also wanna try them. Perhaps only once.

No comments: